NV Anne Et Jean-François Ganevat Blanc “Kopin”, Jura France
Back to the one and and only Jean-François Ganevat. (Check out some of other wines we carry from him too!)
Jean-François Ganevat is making wine with the inspired magic of an alchemist. Jean-François Ganevat is a master of his craft, one of the true magicians of the eclectic. To say that his grapes are spun into gold would not be far from the truth; they are entirely otherworldly. This cuvee one of the MANY that he makes.
The Kopin is Chardonnay from Burgundy, Savagnin from Jura, Riesling from Alsace
Aged in demi-muids. Current bottling is a combination of 2017 and 2018 vintages. Notes of your favorite natural elements along with Fresh and mineral aroma. Slight flint and salinity with green, ripe, baked apples and textured flavor on the palate and a little funky yeasts. EVERYTHING you love about a Natural Wine. Perfect for the holidays or if you just feel like ballin' out on some delicous wines from JFG!
Natural, Organic, Bio - Dynamic
- Mitake Mushrooms with Goat cheese (Yum)
- Soft Chesses
A Little More...
ALL of his whites go through the following process:
- • Whole cluster fermentation à l’ancienne
- • No racking of the must
- • All whites go through malolactic fermentation
- • No sulfur dioxide added during vinification, only a touch at bottling
- • Aged in demi-muids of 300-L and 400-L, as well as 228-L barrels
- • Bottled in the summer, two years after the harvest